- October 13, 2008 at 7:52 pm #264552
Here’s a great recipe for that “extra candy” you have leftover after Halloween:
Chocolate Grab-Bag Brownies
Any combination chopped HERSHEY’S and REESE’S candy bars to make 2 cups
1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup HERSHEY’S Cocoa
4 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Remove wrappers from candies. Cut each candy into 1/2-inch pieces; set aside.
2. Melt butter in saucepan over low heat. Add sugar and cocoa; stir to blend. Remove from heat. Stir in eggs. Stir together flour, salt and baking soda; stir into chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla and candy pieces. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and begin to crack slightly; do not overbake. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. About 36 brownies.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.