adhd

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

On 3/15/08, Erica Hager <ericahager2005@yahoo.com> wrote:

> autism and autistic spectrum disorders such as aspergers are often

> misdiagnosed as a combination of other things — and the adhd and bipolar,

> tantrums, lack of sleep and so on are often symptoms of autism — i would

> get her into a neurologist and pyschiatrist asap — the sooner a proper

> diagnosis is determined the sooner you can get help for her, preschool age

> is often where autism is caught and its not a life sentence — yes their

> lives are different but autistic kids often have an above average iq but its

> hard to test them because there are often communication or speech issues

>

this is true as i think my oldest has a much higher iq that what he

tested at. his brother’s is 140 and there have been times when listing

to them talk I could tell that he was able to follow what his younger

brother was saying. It was computer stuff that I think would of gone

over his head if his IQ wasn’t above avg. too.

though not always — so many different words and diagnoses were thrown

> around when johnny was 1.5 to 3 yrs old — oh it sounds like this or that

> people would say or my grandson or child has this or that and he behaved the

> same way — all kinds of off the wall advice was given — point i am making

> is a reg pediatrician isnt qualified to make a diagnosis ask for a referall

> for an

> autism screening with a pediatric neurologist they will give you alot of

> forms and questionaires to fill out and answer (dont know if they are online

> anywhere but prob are) and that will help them make a determination. they

> should also do an MRI and chromosonal bloodwork to rule out other disorders.

> htht

>

>

>

>

________________________________________________________________________________

____

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page.

> https://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.