adhd

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I am part of a yahoo group: ODDsupport-2@yahoogroups.com this is a great group of ppl with kids that have all sort of challenges. you may want to look and check it out. these are parents not professionals that share experiences and such.

also has great info on all topics. my son has adhd/odd just thought that i would throw it out their.

erica hager wrote: autism and autistic spectrum disorders such as aspergers are often misdiagnosed as a combination of other things — and the adhd and bipolar, tantrums, lack of sleep and so on are often symptoms of autism — i would get her into a neurologist and pyschiatrist asap — the sooner a proper diagnosis is determined the sooner you can get help for her, preschool age is often where autism is caught and its not a life sentence — yes their lives are different but autistic kids often have an above average iq but its hard to test them because there are often communication or speech issues though not always — so many different words and diagnoses were thrown around when johnny was 1.5 to 3 yrs old — oh it sounds like this or that people would say or my grandson or child has this or that and he behaved the same way — all kinds of off the wall advice was given —
      point i am making is a reg pediatrician isnt qualified to make a diagnosis ask for a referall for an autism screening with a pediatric neurologist they will give you alot of forms and questionaires to fill out and answer (dont know if they are online anywhere but prob are) and that will help them make a determination.

they should also do an MRI and chromosonal bloodwork to rule out other disorders. htht
      Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Dee Need Vehicle work Done? Contact Time Wise Mobile Mechanic 518-470-2377 Ask for Jeff..He will set up a time to come and meet with you to check out your vehicle problems. He comes to you at home or work or where ever you happen to be! Open 24 hrs

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.