Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes ? about slowcooker vs roaster

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am going to cook a large batch of pulled pork with a large pork roast. I would love to cook it all together, and thought my roaster might make do. The recipe calls for a slow cooker-do you think I could put the roaster on low and make it work?
      Shelly

Yes, the roaster will work to cook big batches of stuff. The directions for the roaster should state what setting to set for pork roast. Just let it cook until it is falling apart. (You might need to check it more often than you would a slow cooker. Make sure it doesn’t run out of liquid!) I used to cook all kinds of things in a roaster–until I wore it out!! I really miss it!! Thanks; Virginia

are you talking about the nesco or copycat roasters? (about the size of a baby’s bath)
      if so I used it as a slowcooker when I had 5 kids home – it was the only way to have left overs

Use on low .. stir .. add a bit more extra liquid because the lid is light and some steam can escape

Ria

Does she mean an electric roaster, or just a roasting pan with a lid??? I would think either way you could, as long as you keep liquid in the pan.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget Menu & Dirt Cheap Recipes Dump Recipes ? about slowcooker vs roaster