??? about auto insurance

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    • #254743

      From an insurance agent licensed in 45 states – including AL.

      It depends upon whether or not you want your insurance company to pay a claim if he is involved in an accident. You are required to pay a premium for drivers that you want to be covered by your insurance, as long as they are household members. If you don't want him to be covered by your insurance, then sign an exclusion form, which states that if he drives for ANY reason, including an emergency, he is not covered.

      Currently, if he is stopped by the police, and is asked to present proof of insurance, and he presents your card, but isn't a covered driver on your policy, then he is committing a crime.

      Insurance insures both the vehicles and the drivers. Your friend, though, was lucky. Apparently, his children were never involved in accidents.

      Remember, too, that your insurance company will defend you when you are sued, because you're the parent of the kids.

      You're taking a HUGE risk by going the route you're asking about. And, that risk isn't worth it.

      I've seen many claims denied, many policies cancelled, and many parents finances ruined forever for not wanting to pay the premium. Your other option is to have him turn in his license or pay the insurance himself.

      On Dec 13, 2007 4:40 PM, Annette <titus2momof6@yahoo.com> wrote:

      i live in alabama and i have geico auto insurance. my son just turned

      16 and got his license. do i have to add him to my insurance? a

      friend with grown children told me that he never added his teen

      drivers b/c they were minors and the cars they drove belonged to him

      not them. so he insured his vehicles not the teen drivers. we can

      barely afford our insurance as it is and i am afraid we won't be able

      to afford the policy if we had him.


      annette in alabama


Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.