- December 31, 2007 at 8:48 pm #244207LissKeymaster
Welcome to the New Members on board…
Here are some abbreviations you may find on Budget 101:myo: make your own
mix: means you mix it up and store it until you need it
imo: in my opinionjaw: just add water
imho: in my humble opinion
iso: in search of (this is what you write in the subject lineoamc: once a month cooking
when your looking for a recipe! it gets my attention quickly!)
tnt: tried and true (please note the difference between tnt &
t-n-t: tips-n-tricksrec: recipe
oyo: on your own.. (meaning.. i haven’t tried it, and i can’t
back it up!)
request: this is an item that someone on list (or theThere are many more, but these are some of the most confusing…
budget101.com website requested
- October 3, 2008 at 8:39 pm #399396
Ok, I’m sure this is a silly question, but what does “DH” stand for? I know it refers to your husband but I can’t figure out what it stands for. Am I just completely computer illiterate?
- October 3, 2008 at 10:47 pm #399413
My understanding of (DH) is Dear Husband….Thats what I have used on other forums. And when I yahoo.
- October 4, 2008 at 10:26 pm #399473I had a friend who used to call her hubby DA before they split up lol funny thing is he never figured out what it stood for
- November 15, 2008 at 7:33 pm #403643
My ex-husbands first two initials were da. everyone called him da. it was just too funny.
he never knew what they were rederring to.
- December 3, 2008 at 11:32 pm #405236Thanks that cleared up some questions.
- December 11, 2008 at 1:39 pm #405965
@rtebalt 83749 wrote:
Ok, I’m sure this is a silly question, but what does “dh” stand for? i know it refers to your husband but i can’t figure out what it stands for. am i just completely computer illiterate?dh – dear hubby
dd – dear daughter
ds – dear son
ddl – dear daughter-inlaw
dgs – dear grandson
dgd – dear grandaughter
etc., etc., etc.
- December 30, 2008 at 6:48 am #407398KawaiiGiggleParticipant
@rtebalt 83749 wrote:
Ok, I’m sure this is a silly question, but what does “dh” stand for? i know it refers to your husband but i can’t figure out what it stands for. am i just completely computer illiterate?don’t feel bad, i didn’t understand either.. i kept guessing.. then i read farther down and it made sense.
- August 2, 2009 at 7:13 pm #423987
Thank you so much for this information cause I would have been lost…..
- August 7, 2009 at 2:15 am #424071Okay. Found this page and I was like “Oh. So there are these kinds of abbreviation, eh?”
Thanks dear forumers. I’ll try to call my hubby as “DH” when he arrives. Let’s see if he knows.
- December 26, 2009 at 6:35 am #426908One of my favorite couponing abbreviations is YMMV. I’ve heard it stands for “Your Mileage May Vary” – loose translation: “This worked for me in my store but you may not be so lucky!”
- November 30, 2011 at 12:39 am #430532
oh now i understand! my kids know more of this kind of stuff than i do. 🙁
- December 3, 2011 at 12:48 am #430576
I was just browsing the grocery guide, can anyone tell me what “must use AC” means?
- December 3, 2011 at 1:40 am #430573
- January 20, 2012 at 3:53 pm #431236Wow. This was so incredibly helpful! I have seen people write DH so many times and had no clue what they were referring to!
- May 25, 2012 at 8:37 pm #431945happy0349Participant
Now that I read what the abbreviations mean…they make sense.
Level writing I might add.
- July 10, 2012 at 6:36 am #432211
I first saw DH used when reading things by the FlyLady. I can’t recommend her enough – she’s really saved my bacon as far as learning to run my house. She has two books (usually available from the library – look for Marla Cilley) and a free website as well.
- November 9, 2012 at 8:51 pm #434627HD stands for Darling Husband
- December 6, 2012 at 7:06 am #435382
Thank you for this info also!:D
- December 29, 2012 at 7:18 am #435846
Thanks! This will make a great reference, if I forget them.
- May 29, 2013 at 3:47 pm #439874I hope I can remember these. Unfortunately I’m pretty computer illiterate and I have a sick Mom so don’t always have much to time to be on my computer. I love this site though.
- August 5, 2013 at 2:30 pm #440982
thanx for the info very helpful as i have no idea what im doing on so many levels!
- August 23, 2013 at 12:04 am #442858
Thanks getting more interesting as I go along.
- September 18, 2013 at 6:43 pm #443867Thanks for clear that up
- October 24, 2013 at 7:32 pm #444759
I so needed this! Thank you!
- November 4, 2013 at 8:19 pm #444947
Thank you for this post I am pretty dumb when it comes to figuring these out lol
- December 2, 2013 at 12:59 am #445414Thank you for this list, I knew a few of them. It is helpful.
- December 22, 2013 at 3:09 am #446046
Good to know, would have been terribly confused myself.
- December 29, 2013 at 4:57 am #446491
Very helpful!!! I would have been wondering!!!
- December 30, 2013 at 8:06 pm #447002I would have been wondering about some of them, esp the tnt and t-n-t. Thank you for posting this list!
- January 1, 2014 at 8:28 pm #447554
Very good to have a ref. that is easy to find and use.
- January 3, 2014 at 3:54 am #447699
This was helpful! I’m sorry in couldn’t find the thanks button.
- January 14, 2014 at 12:55 pm #448321thank you! will be helpful in navigation
- January 18, 2014 at 2:05 am #448563
Learning new things all the time!
- January 19, 2014 at 2:10 am #448628
Thanks for explaining the abbreviations!!
- January 21, 2014 at 12:09 pm #448810Thanks, very useful.
- January 26, 2014 at 1:22 pm #449182
Thanks for clearing that up for me…..no more guessing!!
- January 28, 2014 at 7:42 pm #449422
Thank you for the info
- January 29, 2014 at 7:52 am #449440Thanks for the tips!
- February 2, 2014 at 5:17 pm #449741
Thanks for the abbreviations tutorial!
- February 3, 2014 at 4:37 am #449802
Thank you, that is very helpful!
- February 21, 2014 at 6:17 pm #451278It can be hard to keep up with so many abbreviations so thanks for the info
- February 24, 2014 at 8:55 pm #451549
Thanks for the explanation- Being a nurse we have a whole language of our own pertaining to abbreviation’s so I was really scratching my head.
- February 25, 2014 at 8:25 pm #451643
Thanks for this information.
- March 19, 2014 at 9:38 pm #452524Thank you for the information 🙂 Very helpful!!
- June 4, 2014 at 7:51 pm #453833
I need a dictionary for all these abbreviations lol
- June 16, 2014 at 10:39 am #454259
Thanks! And I thought French was difficult! 🙂
- June 27, 2014 at 2:22 am #454954O.k. got them written down so as I don’t forget them .Thanks .
- June 30, 2014 at 8:32 pm #455292
Good to know what all those abbreviations mean.
- July 15, 2014 at 5:12 pm #456136
Wow thank you I’m not very good at abbreviations….
- July 17, 2014 at 1:30 pm #456234Thank you for this post I have asked several people what ISO meant and no one would tell me!
- July 20, 2014 at 12:35 am #456346
THANKS for asking this. I have come across those abbreviations many times and have had no clue what they referred to.
- July 20, 2014 at 10:57 pm #456377
Have join ed momento ago and am learning new things al ready. Thank s floks!
- July 27, 2014 at 7:21 pm #456818I have a hard time with the new texting abbreviations, so I guess I’ll be adding more post-its to my monitor. It already looks like a yellow frame of information. But in time im sure i’ll have them memorized.
Thanks for the information.
- August 3, 2014 at 6:54 pm #457200
Thank you Hope I can remember them lol
- August 8, 2014 at 11:42 pm #457462Wow! Thanks! I picked up a few just now too.
:)) It’s been awhile since I’ve been on a forum before. It’s been about 15 years actually. Crazy the internet has been around that long already.
Well, at any rate, thanks for the tips!! :))
- August 27, 2014 at 3:21 pm #458194O.k. now I am beginning to understand! Are there any other men who use these abbreviations?
- September 16, 2014 at 12:05 pm #458592
thanks, I would have been dreadfully confused
- October 27, 2014 at 4:25 pm #459072
I’m glad I went to see what the abbreviations were cause I find them confusing sometimes. You would think we text messaging, which I’m horrible at, I would have some idea on things, not the case. Thanks for posting them.
- November 21, 2014 at 3:32 pm #459533Thanks! Now I won’t have to call one of my three daughters and ask them what an abbreviation means! Lol!
But they are used to this common occurance.
- January 13, 2015 at 2:23 am #460365
Thanks though my rating is higher than a newbie I have been away due to personal family crisis and this is extremely helpful for me.
- January 14, 2015 at 10:03 pm #460388thanks for the information good to know the abbreviations.
- January 30, 2015 at 12:46 am #460582
wow! i know lol laugh out loud! i guess i am in for alittle schooling.
thank you for the info.
- March 28, 2015 at 2:29 pm #461036I’m new and I love the abbreviations!
- September 4, 2015 at 2:53 pm #462123
I am glad that I read this, I know what different abbreviations mean now. Thanks
- August 30, 2016 at 1:39 am #445613
Very helpful info for newbies to the site like me. Reminds me of early days in nursing school, having to memorize all the medical jargon & medical abbreviations, but far simpler! LOL!😜
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.