- August 10, 2008 at 4:09 pm #248387
This is for my family of 4 (2 adults + 2 kids elementary school aged; you may need to adjust amounts for your own family).
Day 1: Roast Chicken, Carmelized Onions, Green Beans, Corn Muffins
– Shred/chop extra chicken, put extra in fridge
– Make extra carmelized onions, put extra in fridge
– Eat extra corn muffins throughout week as snacks, etc.
Day 2: Spaghetti w/Meat Sauce, Salad
– Cook whole bag of spaghetti. Save 1/2 – 1/3 for later in the week.
– Double the sauce; Make 1/2 tomato sauce only. Also, save 1/2 meat sauce for later in the week
– Eat leftover salad for lunch rest of week
Day 3: Chicken & Carmelized Onion Pizza, Carrot Sticks
– Use last night’s unused tomato sauce (save rest for another use)
– Used leftover chicken & carmelized onions from Day 1.
– Extra chicken can be saved for another use.
– Leftovers can be eaten w/salad for lunch rest of week
Day 4: Spaghetti Pie, Steamed Green Beans or Broccoli
– Use leftover spaghetti & meat sauce from Day 2.
– I use this recipe: Linda’s Spaghetti Pie Recipe | Recipezaar
– Save extra veggies for tomorrow night.
– If there are leftovers, save for weekend lunches and/or dinners
Day 5: Shells w/Cheese Sauce & Veggies
– Make mac n cheese from your favorite recipe, substituting big pasta shells. Feel free to customize this as you see fit (ie, adding tuna, veggies, etc.).
– You can mix the veggies right in or reheat them on the side or toss in vinegarette dressing and eat as a side warm or cold.
– leftovers, if any, can be eaten for weekend lunches and/or dinner.
note that there are several possible leftovers to use as additional meals throughout the week (examples: cornbread muffin + salad w/chicken for a lunch; chicken & carmlized onion pizza + salad for another lunch; leftover chicken turned into chicken salad sandwiches; reheated leftovers for lunch or dinner; etc.).
hope you enjoy this!:001:
- September 1, 2008 at 8:09 am #398171
Thanks. I loved the way you told me how to use the leftovers and to cook extra. Judi
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.