Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

The report on the news said otherwise.

Quote:
      Original Message
      To: Budget101_@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 9:49 PM
      Subject: Re: Budget101.com : Re: A/C

I hate to tell you this, but a compute doesnt pull as much power off as it does on. However the computer itself doesnt use near as much power as the monitor does.

Quote:
      Original Message
      Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 3:12 PM

Our local TV 10 News did a segment on electronic items and electricity usage. Electronic items ( tv, vcr, dvd player, computer, sterio etc ) use almost as much electricity when they are turned off as when they are on. the difference was minute.
      unless you unplug them from the power source , they are pulling electricity.

if they are plugged into a power stip, then it must be totally shut off from the power source or you are using electricity.

diane

Quote:
      original message
      Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 12:31 PM

I guess then you do not heat the house with electric. So far I can’t get my electric down below $80. We have a 1500 Sq ft ranch home and try never to use the ac but have a fridge and in the garage a fridge and freezer.

they must take up electric. the freezer is old too. we need a newer one that would be better on electric.

we have one tv on most of the day and 1 computer on but I turn it off at night.

I am also cooking in my electric roaster or my toaster oven and electric skillet to use less electric then the stove top or oven take.

Debbie

Original Message
      Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2008 11:26 AM
      Subject: Budget101.com : Re: A/C

We have a concrete tile roof. It is very well ventilated. Before we had a/c it was actually cooler up there than downstairs.

It actually gets a breeze…LOL We do have a pretty big house at 4200 sq ft so thatexplains some of the bill. In the winter our bill runs btwn $60 and $80.

Carol

Posted by: “mem68” mildreda@lcs.net mildredal378142000

Tue Jul29,2008 8:12am (PDT)

Could you put in an attic fan? I have been in homes that have them and they work great. I have a 2 story home and don’t think that I could have one.
      Do you know about unluging things not in use?

no virus found in this incoming message.
      checked by avg - https://www.avg.com version: 8.0.138 / Virus Database: 270.5.6/1579 - Release Date: 7/29/2008 6:43 am

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.