A book I have to share….for your teens!

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List A book I have to share….for your teens!

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

I just picked up a book that I plan to give to my girls called Generation T 108 ways to transform a t-shirt by Megan Nicolay. It was just under $15. I have to say it is one of the coolest how to books I’ve ever seen. She has a website too, with 2 free projects so far http://www.generation-t.com. They take ordinary t-shirts and show you how to cut them up and sew them back together to make all different sorts of tops, skirts, purses, a rug, and the ultimate….a wedding dress made from only 7 t-shirts. Only minimal sewing knowledge is needed, and they show you how to do that too. Lots of the stuff doesn’t even need to be sewed, just cut and slashed and tied back together or pinned.. Even though the title says 108 ways they also give at least 2 variations for each one, so it’s more like 300 ways. Plus there are mini projects at the end for all the scraps you have left over. I’m going to put together a small sewing kit for each ofthe girlsand will be raiding closets and thrift stores for old t-shirts.

I think once my girls see this book and try a few things I may not have to buy too awful many tops and skirts…they can make their own.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List A book I have to share….for your teens!