- June 12, 2008 at 3:38 pm #258339
This is a yummy way to use up hot dogs.
corn dog casserole
2 cups thinly sliced celery
1 1/2 cups sliced green onions
2 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 pounds hot dogs (beef
and pork frankfurters)
1 1/2 cups milk 2 teaspoons ground sage
1/4 teaspoon ground black
2 (8.5 ounce) packages dry
corn bread mix
2 cups shredded Cheddar
1. In a medium skillet, saute celery and green onions in butter for 5
minutes. Place saute mixture in a large bowl; set aside.
2. Slice hot dogs lengthwise into quarters, then cut into thirds. In
same skillet, saute hot dogs for 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
Add to celery/onion mixture and mix all together. Set aside 1 cup of
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
4. In a large bowl combine the eggs, milk, sage and pepper. Add all
but reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture. Stir in corn bread mix and 1 1/2
cups shredded cheese. Mix all together and spread mixture into a
shallow 3 quart baking dish. Top with reserved 1 cup hot dog mixture
and remaining 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
5. Bake uncovered in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden
all rights reserved © 2008 Allrecipes.com Printed from Allrecipes.com
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.