- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated January 16, 2006 at 5:00 pm by .
- January 16, 2006 at 5:00 pm #235599
Flowered Place Mats
Use a wilting bouquet or gather flowers and leaves (with permission, of course!) to make beautiful place mats. Colors eventually fade to browns for a truly elegant look.
Clear Contact Paper
Flowers and Leaves
1. For each place mat, cut 2 pieces of contact paper approximately 12″ x 18″. Peel the backing off one piece and lay it sticky side up on the table.
Remove blossoms and leaves from their stems and arrange them on the sticky side of the contact paper. Press everything flat with your fingers. Some flowers will work better if you remove the petals and use them individually.
2. Peel the backing off the 2nd piece of contact paper. Place it sticky side down over your arrangement.
Do not worry about lining up edges exactly. You will probably get some wrinkles. Just press everything down as flat as possible and your place mat will look beautiful.
Trim around all edges with scissors.
TIP: Have someone help with the contact paper. You can each hold 2 corners and it will be easier to apply.
idea: make decorative edges by cutting scallops or applying colored tape.
idea: cut into several different shapes pieces and make a mobile to hang in front of a window.
date: sat jun 29, 2002 1:15 pm
Subject: 4th of July, Inexpensive Decorating Idea
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.