- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated February 10, 2009 at 10:34 am by .
- February 10, 2009 at 1:45 am #270475
Wrap day-old bread in foil and put it in a warm oven for 10 minutes. The crust will crisp and the insides will return to being light and fluffy. Use right away or it will revert back to its old, stale self.
Use Overripe Bananas
Freeze overripe bananas for recipes such as banana bread later. Even better, peel and cut bananas and freeze them in bags. Now you’ve got banana cubes for smoothies.
Make Your Own Tortilla Chips. making your own tortilla chips. Cut whole-grain tortillas into triangles, sprinkle with your favorite dried spice, such as chili and garlic powder, and bake until crisp.
- February 10, 2009 at 7:08 am #414475Quote:freeze overripe bananas for recipes such as banana bread later.
i do this all of the time, they sure do make for a soft bread or muffin later.
- February 10, 2009 at 10:34 am #414502
The bananas turn black in the freezer.. My son asked me what in the world I was doing with a bag of rotten frozen bananas –it was too funny….
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.