- This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated April 8, 2005 at 4:07 pm by .
- April 8, 2005 at 4:07 pm #250703Guest
I worked in the child care field in Florida and the law was the same.
The reason is that after 24 hours the bleach starts to chemicallybreak down, and to create bacteria within the bottle with the water.
So when you use your bleach water after 24 hours you are no longer
disenfecting. It may still bleach your clothes but it is spreadingbacteria as opposed to removing it after 24 hours in the bottle. Hope
this answers your question. (BTW…we were given this information from
the gentleman that came and did our cpr/first aid class)Bekki
>I couldn’t tell you for sure. That’s just what I’ve been taught
through my county and state agency. (I do child care and this is lawthat we have to have a fresh mixture everyday. Even the restaurants
(in Minnesota) have to do this. That’s all I can tell you without
digging my books out and quoting it.>
> Blessings to all, Forbidnlover (AKA, Jennie)
>> I’m curious, I have never heard that. Why is it only good 24 hours.
I keep a bottle of bleach and water spray and use it for a few weeks
at a time and the bleach still seems effective. I got some on a shirtlast night and it bleached it. Laura
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.