21 Ways to Save on Pet Care

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List 21 Ways to Save on Pet Care

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author

We have 9 cats and I think insurance is a waste because of all the exclusions.

I simply put $50.00 a month away and let it grow and if something comes up, I

use the money for vet bills.

Contact your local animal shelter. Many have programs or vouchers to assist

with spay and neuters. Also, go to petfinder.com, look up rescue groups in your

area and contact all of them asking if they have vouchers. You might have a tnr

group in your area that can also help. in ca, i volunteered with one of the

biggest cat rescue groups in los angeles and we always had vouchers for the

general public.

call around to the vets and ask if they have spay days or know of any programs

that assist in the cost.

every heat cycle your girls go through increases their chances of developing

ovarian or uterine cancer, so the sooner you can do this the better for them.

good luck!!

cassie

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Budget101 Discussion List 21 Ways to Save on Pet Care