- June 16, 2008 at 3:33 pm #258384
It’s not just about lettuce. Add a splash of this bottled flavor booster
to potatoes, eggs, burgers and more.
Did you know? Italian is the number one dressing choice for Americans
followed by Ranch and then Blue cheese.
1. Dressed Up Corn: Brush corn on the cob with a layer of your favorite
vinaigrette (try roasted red pepper or white wine varieties) before
grilling. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper and Parmesan cheese while it’s
still pipping hot for some Latino fair
2. Creamy Dreamy Spuds: Pour on a good glug of Blue cheese dressing into
a simple mashed potatoes for a cheese packed punch.Top with some chopped
chives or minced red onions.
3. Standout Slaw: Replace half mayo in your go to cole slaw recipe with
honey mustard dressing and mix thoroughly coat.Toss in chunks of avocado
for a super creamy combo.
4. Salad Burgers: Mix a few Tablespoons if thousand island dressing or
sun dried tomato dressing into ground meat before shaping into patties,
Grill, broil or saute as you like.Serve on crusty rolls topped with a
heaping pile of shredded lettuce
5. Magic Marinade: Coat chicken breasts or fish fillets in Italian or
Asian sesame dressing and let it marinate (refrigerated) for at least 30
mins before coking. Drizzle more dressing over the top right before
6. Top Notch Toast: Pour a bit of Caesar dressing over sliced of french
bread ( or another crusty loaf) and broil until golden. Serve as an
alternative to garlic bread. Cut into croutons or crumble into homemade
seasoned bread crumbs
7. Cheese Lover’s Pie: Top a store bought or homemade pizza crust with a
layer of three cheese dressing instead of your standard sauce. Sprinkle
with mushrooms and shredded mozzarella and bake as directed,
8. Mediterranean Medley: Cook rigatoni according to pkg directions.
Drain and rinse under cold water. Combine rigatoni with a splash of
greek dressing as the basis for a homemade pasta salad. Toss in some
chopped roasted red peppers, sliced olives and a handful of crumbled
9. Picnic Chicken: Dip drumsticks and bone in chicken thighs in a tangy
buttermilk ranch dressing. Then roll in seasoned bread crumbs to coat.
Bake at 350 until crust is golden and meat is cooked through about 50
10. Better Breakfast: Add a splash of french dressing to scrambled eggs.
Then spice them up with a bit of shredded pepper jack cheese. Garnish
with sliced green onions.
The beauty of life is not how happy you are but how happy others can be
because of you.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.