- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated July 29, 2006 at 10:57 pm by .
- July 29, 2006 at 10:57 pm #237080Liss
do for those cooped up indoors all day!
1. Get out a craft box. If you don’t have one, here’s some idea’s of
what to put in it (stuff you have at home, or can get cheap!)
– Popsicle Sticks
– Glue Sticks
– White Glue (Elmer’s style)
– Tubes of Glitter
– “sheets” of felt
– A pad of construction paper
– pipe cleaners
– googly eyes
– random feathers
– water colors & brushes
– magnet squares or a roll
– crayons & markers
– wooden shapes to paint or color
– Toilet paper & Paper Towel tubes
– Scraps of wrapping paper
– Tissue PaperWith all of that stuff, your little ones can make a multitude of
items, including popsicle stick houses, face masks,
crowns, “binoculors”, spy glasses, magnets, color a picture, make a
picture frame for it, make finger puppets, and much more. Set em
loose on the kitchen floor for a large surface that is easily
cleanable. Purchase a cheap dollar store plastic table cloth for
even easier cleanup.
2. Make a tent in the living room. Drag out large sheets and light
Have a picnic in the middle for lunch!3. Have a movie day. Make some popcorn up, find a favorite movie on
TV or in your collection, or go to a video store and rent on cheap
(or even free at some places!)
4. Take a puddle stomping walk when the rain lets up. A little water
never hurt anyone!
Bring an umbrella, and wear clothes & shoes that
can get wet, and stomp your way down the street.5. Take construction paper and make a nice bright “sun” to put on a
6. Have fun baking something with help from the little ones.
7. Visit the library.8. Splurge and go see a kids movie.
9. Create a stuffed animal “zoo” to “visit”. If you have a camera,
10. Play a board game or card game with your kids. Use treats like
cookies to give to the winner.Hope this helps alleviate the rainy day blues!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.