Apple Cider Bread Machine Mix
A hearty loaf of Apple Cider bread, lightly sweetened with honey, enhanced with a touch of cinnamon and bits of apple. This delicious bread is wonderful on it's own, as french toast, or lightly toasted.
* 4 cups bread flour
* 1/3 cup white sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1/2 cup dry milk
* 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Combine all of the ingredients in a ziploc bag, mixing well to combine. Write the following instructions on the bag:
To Complete the recipe:
* 1 cup warm water 90F
* 1/2 cup + 1 Tbs Apple Cider
* 1 egg
* 2 Tbs. Honey
* 1/2 cup Finely chopped raw apple
* 4 tablespoons butter, softened
* 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
Mix the water, cider, honey and egg until smooth, then pour into the bottom of the bread machine pan.
Gently dump the contents of the bread machine mix onto the water
add room temperature butter (or margarine) to the corners of the bread pan on top of the flour mix.
In the center of the mix, make a small well, add yeast.
Set the bread machine to sweet bread (or whatever setting your manufacturer recommends for such breads!), when the machine beeps to add in the chopped fruit, dump it in!
- Bread flour contains more gluten than regular all purpose flour. However, you can use all purpose flour in its place if you also add 1 tsp of Vital Wheat Gluten PER Cup of flour. So for 3 cups of all purpose flour you would also add 3 tsp of gluten. For 4 cups of all purpose flour, you would add 4 tsp of gluten. Wheat gluten is available in the baking aisle of most grocery stores (usually above the flour). It comes in a small box and should be stored in the fridge for increased longevity.
Bread Machine Note:
The Bread machine that I used for the bread (displayed in the photo) is the West Bend High Rise (dual paddle) model
. Although this recipe should work fine in any Bread Machine.
Don't have a Bread machine
?- Here are the directions for making it by hand or by a mixer.
Set the bread machine to the Sweet (2 pound) loaf, with the desired bread crust color of your choice (light, med, dark).
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com