Chemo Survival Kit
Most of our survival kits are humorous gag gifts, but Chemo is no laughing matter. This kit was created to help soothe the soul.
Chicken Soup for the Soul Other ways to help someone cope while going through Chemo:
- The Cancer Book - this book offers 101 healing stories of inspiration and courage in the face of cancer.
- for helping keep your feet warm during treatments or hospital stays
Large Soup Mug
& Homemade Soup Mixes
- because chicken soup nourishes the body as well as the soul
- to help combat nausea and dry mouth during treatments
- to help nourish and protect the lips
Hypoallergenic Body Lotion
- for the various challenges that your skin goes through
Peppermint Scented Candle
- to gain a little extra energy, while combating nausea
a Head Wrap
- for "bad hair days"
- to relieve the stress and pass the time away
Shawl or Robe
- a lightweight shawl or robe can be comforting, particularly while in the hospital, where the recipient may feel a bit too exposed.
- Send a Card of support at each treatment milestone, it may not seem like much, but it's helpful to know that people are thinking of you.
- 1st Day of Treatment
- middle of Treatment
- Last Day of Chemo
avoid giving late stage cancer patients "Get Well Soon" cards, as it is inappropriate for incurable cancers.
Please feel free to submit your ideas below:
We love to see when you like and share our hard work, but ask that you please follow just a few guidelines.. Use one photo of the finished product on your site and provide a link back to my original post. If you feature a photo from my post, it may not be accompanied by the project/recipe tutorial, whether in my own words as it originally appeared or paraphrased. Always feel free to share photos and links on Pinterest, as it will route back to the original post. Budget101.com is protected under copyright laws. If you any questions or would like to notify me that you’re sharing a post, please email me at liss @ budget101.com