Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: MYO Classroom Paste
07-12-2008, 03:44 PM #1
MYO Classroom Paste
1 cup non-self-rising wheat flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup cold water
4 cups boiling water
1 tbls. powdered alum
1/2 tsp. oil of cinnamon (optional)
1. Combine flour and sugar in a large pot. Slowly stir in cold water to form a paste.
2. Slowly add boiling water, stirring vigorously to break up lumps.
3. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly, until thick and clear.
4. Remove from heat and add alum. Stir until well mixed.
5. Add oil of cinnamon if paste will not be used immediately.
Makes 1 1/2 quarts.
How to Use it: Classroom paste is a good all-purpose paste, especially appropriate for work with children. It is also excellent for papier-mache projects.
Stored in a closely capped jar, this paste will keep for several weeks.
It keeps longer then Paper Paste and is a little softer. If it gets too thick it can be thinned with hot water for easy spreading.