Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default 2-Ingredient No-Knead Bread

2-Ingredient No-Knead Bread
    2 2/3 cup self-rising flour
    12 oz beer, freshly opened

Heat oven to 375. Lightly grease a loaf pan. Put flour in a medium bowl. Add beer and stir just until flour is moistened completely. Scrape into prepared pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes until top is lightly browned, the sides pull away from the pan and pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 5 minutes, then turn out on rack to cool. Cut in 1/2-inch slices to serve. Makes great toast. Another good thing about this bread is that you can add other ingredients to it easily to change the flavor a bit -- for breakfast: raisins, diced apples, orange or lemon zest, bananas, diced pears, shredded cheese, etc.; or for lunches and dinners: chopped green onions, poultry seasoning, or just about anything you have a taste for! I guess you could say that it's adaptable! Makes about 18 slices and around 70 calories depending on your additions

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Re 2-Ingredient No-Knead Bread

Mos: thank you for the 2-Ingredient No-Knead Bread. I will be trying it as soon as I can get the beer. (Maybe this weekend) I love home made bread, but hate having to knead and letting it rise and rolling it out.
    Yvonne

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yvonne For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

hope you have tried it by now. it really is simple and versatile. friends that tried the basic recipe have gone on to experiment with additions and make this bread weekly! LOL! so don't be afraid to experiment! of all the breads that I make, I think that this one makes the best toast...that is when I slice it thin enough to fit in the toaster
    mos

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up Re 2-Ingredient No-Knead Bread

Quote Originally Posted by mos View Post
    hope you have tried it by now. it really is simple and versatile. friends that tried the basic recipe have gone on to experiment with additions and make this bread weekly! LOL! so don't be afraid to experiment! of all the breads that I make, I think that this one makes the best toast...that is when I slice it thin enough to fit in the toaster
    mos
    Mos: Yes, I did bake the basic recipe that Saturday. It was delicious and gone by Monday night. I have a toaster oven and on Sunday morning and Monday morning I toasted some of the bread in it. The next time I will add chedder cheese or something else.

This would be good to make on cold days this winter.
    Yvonne

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yvonne For This Useful Post:

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default THE bread

bake a couple of loaves -- different flavors -- at a time and freeze one of 'em for future use. this freezes well and my rule of thumb is to make two different ones at a time and 'flip a coin' to see which one I freeze by the time the holidays role around, I'm stocked for goodies oh! you may want to check out the bread recipe that I posted yesterday in the breakfasts' forum...another easy, tasty thing speaking of holidays, the basic recipe is a great gift -- just because -- on Thanksgiving and the 'dressed-up' versions and the bread I posted yesterday make great winter holiday gifts!
    mos

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mos For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you. I also love home made bread but hate rolling and letting it rise. Thankyuo Thank you Thank you lol

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to gr8gammy For This Useful Post:

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question...

Does it have to be beer beer or can it be near beer? We sell the non-alcoholic stuff at work, and I was wondering if it would work or if it has to be the regular stuff.

Taryn

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to quiettaryn For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

great recipe thank you!

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bironga For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast