Results 1 to 1 of 1
07-04-2008, 03:49 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
Myths About Acne, was Hair & Skincare Samples -Freebies Foru
Hi, on web I forun this story on "5 myths about acne and acne control"..... are these true?
1. Acne is caused by poor hygiene... If you believe this and wash your skin hard and frequently, you can actually make it worse. The disorder is not caused by dirt or surface skin oils. Although excess oils, dead skin and a day's accumulation of dust on the skin looks unsightly, they should not be removed by hand scrubbing. Vigorous washing and scrubbing isn't an effective acne control and will actually irritate the skin and make the disorder worse.
2. Acne is caused by diet... Extensive scientific studies have not found a connection between diet and acne control. In other words, food does not cause it. Not chocolate. Not french fries. Not pizza. Nonetheless, some people insist that certain foods affect their skin. In that case, avoid those foods. Besides, eating a balanced diet always makes sense. However, according to the scientific evidence, if your condition is being treated properly, there's no need to worry about food affecting it.
3. Acne is caused by everyday stress... The ordinary stress of day-to-day living is not an important causal factor. However some sufferes do report that severe or prolonged emotional stress can aggravate the disorder. Severe stress that needs medical attention is sometimes treated with drugs that can cause the condition as a side effect.
4. Acne is just a cosmetic problem... Yes, acne does affect the way people look and is not otherwise a serious threat to a person's physical health. However, it can result in permanent physical scars as well as affecting the way people feel about themselves to the point of affecting their lives.
5. You just have to let acne run its course... The truth is, this skin disorder can be cleared up. With the treatments available today, there is no reason why anyone should not be able to implement some form of effective acne control.
you can read this here
http://natural-cosmetics-tips.spot. .. ntrol.html
The Following User Says Thank You to sabrina For This Useful Post: