Inexpensive Party Centerpiece in any Color!

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Crafts & Homemade Items Inexpensive Party Centerpiece in any Color!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      xstepmom

Here’s a very simple way to add a touch of elegance to any party- this can be done for weddings, anniversaries, Halloween, tailgating events in team colors, baby showers, etc.

you’ll need tulle in whatever color suits your event (think black & orange for halloween, blue or pink for baby shower, wedding colors, team colors for tailgating etc)

Clear Plastic Balloon sticks
      white dixie/plastic cups (fill with rocks or sand)
      balloons in various sizes

blow up the balloons and attach the balloon sticks by slipping on the stick cup.

wrap the balloon in Tulle rounds If you want to add glitter or confetti under the tulle, this is the time to do so, and tie them with a ribbon to secure.

Place the Dixie cup filled with sand on top of a small tulle round and bring the tulle up around the cup to the center, gathering it together. Insert the balloon stick into the sand in the center of the cup, bring the gathered tulle together around the stick and tie in place with ribbon to secure.

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      FreebieQueen

I love this idea! It’s hard to find helium here & I’d rather not waste the resource anyway, so this is perfect. I didn’t realize that I could buy the balloon “stems” as it may be. I think this would probably work with colored tissue paper too, just trim the tissue paper with pinking shears to give it a ruffled edge.

I’ll add some to our Halloween display this year and add Glow in the dark monster eyes to the balloons.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Budget101 Discussion List Archives Crafts & Homemade Items Inexpensive Party Centerpiece in any Color!