Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Sticky Apricot Chicken
12-16-2010, 01:43 PM #1
Sticky Apricot Chicken
* 6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breasts (not thawed)
* 1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
* 1/2 cup Russian or French salad dressing
* 1 cup apricot preserves or jam
* 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
* 1 tsp. dried thyme or basil leaves
* 1/8 tsp. pepper
In 3-4 quart slow cooker, arrange chicken pieces. Mix remaining ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over chicken. Stir to coat. Cover crockpot and cook on low for 6-8 hours until chicken is thoroughly cooked and tender.
If you like, you can thicken the mixture before serving. Combine 2 tablespoons cornstarch with 3 tablespoons water or chicken stock and mix until smooth. Add to the crockpot; turn to high for 10-15 minutes until sauce is thickened. Serve with hot cooked rice or pasta. Serves 6I'm a Freak!