Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-16-2010, 10:38 AM #1
Cinnamon Honey Doughnuts with Raspberry Jam
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
2 tablespoons warm water (100° to 110°)
2 tablespoons honey
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon light corn oil, plus more for bowl
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
3 cups peanut oil
1/2 cup sugar, for dusting
1 twelve-ounce jar seedless raspberry jam
1. In a medium bowl, combine yeast with warm water, and let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes. Whisk in honey, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, egg, milk, and corn oil. Using a wooden spoon, stir in salt and flour. Mix until dough appears smooth.
2. Transfer dough to a lightly oiled bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap, and set in a warm place to rise until doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and another one with paper towels; set aside.
3. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured work surface, and knead four to five times. Roll dough into a 10-inch square, about 1/4 inch thick. Using a pizza cutter, cut into 2 1/2-by-2 1/2-inch squares, and transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. Lightly cover with plastic; let rest in a warm place 20 minutes.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat peanut oil until a deep-frying thermometer registers 360°. Working in batches of five or six, fry doughnuts until golden brown on both sides. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper-towel-lined baking sheet to drain. Fry remaining doughnuts.
5. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Toss the doughnuts lightly in cinnamon sugar.
6. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a #4 tip with jam. Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, make a hole in the side of each doughnut. Fit the pastry tip into a hole; pipe about 1 tablespoon jam into doughnut. Repeat with remaining doughnuts. Toss filled doughnuts in cinnamon sugar again, if desired. Serve immediately.I'm a Freak!