Results 1 to 1 of 1
12-09-2010, 09:50 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2006
- Blog Entries
Candy Cane Brownie Lollipops Recipe
* 1 package (18-21 oz.) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
* 24 candy canes
* 10 oz. chocolate-flavored almond bark
* Additional decorations, such as red jimmies (optional)
* Line sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper. Lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30 minutes, or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven to cooling rack, and cool for 20 minutes or until slightly warm.
* Meanwhile, cut straight ends of candy canes off to form 4-inch sticks. Place candy cane tops into resealable plastic bag, and crush into small pieces. Set aside.
* Roll brownie into 24 smooth balls. You can use a coffee scoop or something like that to make them the same size. (I didnt have a coffee scoop, so I just eyeballed it. As with my homemade candy canes, these are like snowflakes. Every one is different!) Then, insert candy cane sticks into centers of balls, mounding brownie around each stick.
* Place almond bark into small bowl. Microwave according to package directions until smooth. Spoon melted bark evenly over each ball, turning to coat completely. Allow excess bark to drip off. Dip into reserved crushed candy canes or jimmies, and stand upright on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat with remaining almond bark, lollipops and crushed candy. Let stand until set.
* You can place into miniature cupcake liners and wrap lollipops in cellophane, tie with ribbon and use as table decor, place cards, or take-home goodies for a special holiday touch. Yields 24 servings.CC,
Yeah, This is my life now!