Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Cran-Apple Sauerkraut for 2
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM #1
Cran-Apple Sauerkraut for 2
Here's a lovely pork sidedish, goes great with grilled or baked pork of any kind.
* 8 ounces sauerkraut, rinsed and squeezed dry
* 2 tablespoons chopped onion
* 2 teaspoons canola oil
* 1/2 cup chopped, peeled tart apple
* 1/4 cup dried cranberries
* 1/4 cup chicken broth, divided
1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the sauerkraut and onion in oil for 3-4 minutes or until sauerkraut is lightly browned. Stir in the apple, cranberries and 2 tablespoons broth. Cover and cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the remaining broth; cover and cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
makes 2 servingsQuando Omni Flunkus Moritati - When all else fails, play dead.