Let's forget Black Friday, good deals are online now

Let's forget Black Friday, good deals are online now

If I can get almost all of the Black Friday deals online, I guess I am not willing to stand in line at the store on Black Friday. I'm curious to hear from anyone who's done these events - is it worth it? Any interesting stories from the front? Black Friday happens online as well. No need to stand

black, chi, christmas, computer, deals, ended, friday, fun, good, hat, long, online, people, pinching, rolls, set, time, wear, week, years, line, stand, stories, worth, interesting, front, spammer, converter, report, http://www..com/mac-iphone-dvd-video-converter-pack, site-, events, spam, curious, forget, guess, hear, store

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Paw Let's forget Black Friday, good deals are online now

If I can get almost all of the Black Friday deals online, I guess I am not willing to stand in line at the store on Black Friday. I'm curious to hear from anyone who's done these events - is it worth it? Any interesting stories from the front?
    Black Friday happens online as well. No need to stand in line at 3 am...

spam site- mac converter spammer, report me

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Let's forget Black Friday, good deals are online now

Hi Jess, the only problem I've found with shopping online for deals is that you can't count on receiving the item until it arrives at your doorstep and you've inspected it yourself. It seems every year that people mass order items that are listed as deals, receive their email confirmation stating that they'll receive it and then several days later, another email stating their order has been canceled and won't be fulfilled. This happened last year at overstock, and this year at fry's as well as some other fairly well known stores.

Some years we attempt black friday, but for the most part, we pick up gift items throughout the year for people.
    I'm a Freak!

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't normally attempt black friday or cyber monday but its more from the fact that I'm a young adult and haven't had many years to attempt it on my own. I did go for a deal last year on a new hard drive at Newegg though. The site has always been reliable for me. Its a computer/electronic store. THey also do weekly and shocker deals too and participate on cyber monday so it depends on what they are offering if I buy it up. I would go try a local store just to say "I did it."

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

That's what we've done in the past as well. By the time Black Friday rolls around, we're pretty much all set for Christmas. I like newegg & Tigerdirect. I usually find the BEST deals about the 2nd week of january, as far as computer equipment goes.

Hubby & I ventured out on Black friday a couple years ago and ended up buying slippers to wear while we shopped just because our feet were tired from standing in lines, lol.

It was fun, sort of, but I'm not really much of a "shopper" per say. I'd rather forgo the long lines, the sneezing/coughing people, the pushing, the shoving, the pinching, the groping (oh, wait, that's at the airport. . . )
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Groupon is your destination for dizzying deals and steals on Black Friday ... Local Now! ... With Groupon, you can save on online shopping with daily deals all year ... us here again in November, for great Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. .... items this Black Friday and Cyber Monday, let's not forget the famous words ...

Deal GURU
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Robert90 View Post
    Groupon is your destination for dizzying deals and steals on Black Friday ... Local Now! ... With Groupon, you can save on online shopping with daily deals all year ... us here again in November, for great Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals. .... items this Black Friday and Cyber Monday, let's not forget the famous words ...

Really? I've never had any luck finding deals with groupon at all and when I made the mistake of signing up with them, they about harassed me half to death with their emails, which were a nightmare to unsubscribe from. I'm just Not a fan of them at all and definitely won't be using them for holiday deals. I thought the Groupon bubble burst last year . . .
    I'm a Freak!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I went to a Black Friday *thing* once but it was really quite silly. A whole lot of fuss about nothing -- waiting for awhile outside in the cold, way too early in the morning, with a bunch of fussy people... Waiting, to be let inside an overcrowded store. No way.

The things sold are wants, not needs -- I can wait for a way better deal on whatever item I desire.