Thread: Meal Planner

slrccr1125

Default Meal Planner

Does anyone know of a good book or website to help in meal planning?
    I have many good and frugal cookbooks, but I just run out of ideas
    night after night of what to put together. Any help is appreciated.

Sharon

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Meal Planner

Does anyone know of a good book or website to help in meal planning?
    I have many good and frugal cookbooks, but I just run out of ideas
    night after night of what to put together. Any help is appreciated.

Sharon
    Date: Fri Feb 7, 2003 9:39 pm
    Subject: Meal Planner

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savin' Moola For This Useful Post:

Downloads
    Uploads

Every other month Women's Day magazine has a tear out sheet with 2 months of
    dinner menus. I don't like all of them, but it does give me some great ideas.
    Then I just make notes for my own menus.

Sheila

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Savin' Moola For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't have ideas on where to find menu's, but if you find that you are pressed for time each night after work, etc., what I have found that works, is making meals up in advance. I don't mean spending a weekend cooking, to me, that sounds like a lot of work! What I do, is each night when I make dinner, I make a double or triple recipe, especially if it's something I know my daughter and I both like. Then, I divide the portions, and freeze into individual or family servings, and freeze it for later in the week or month. After several days of making extra, you will have many nights worth of meals to plan from. This saves so much time, and also saves on electricity or gas, because many of the meals, all you have to do is pop them in the microwave. Or, if they need to be warmed in the oven, it takes a lot less time to warm something up than it does to cook it from scratch. This has helped me so much, even though I'm a SAHM, I don't have much energy, due to health conditions. So, on days I'm not feeling good, I just have to pop something in the microwave, and dinner is ready in minutes.

Take care,
    Cin

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cin For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hi, I'm new here and just happened to run across this post..I'll formally introduce myself later but I just wanted to give you this link..hope it's not against board rules.

I'd been looking for some menus to get me started in meal planning and I ran across this:

http://www.humec.ksu.edu/fnp/resources/ ... _Menus.pdf

You can find some other stuff on there too, there is a "casserole" pdf, a daily caloric needs pdf and snacks pdf as well. I think this is great...

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ndmom24 For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default this site is great

thanks for sharing,,I printed it out for me, my sister and my daughter...we love it, and of course arrange it to fit our household...but its really great
    christy

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pecluvjoy For This Useful Post:

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default menu

hillbilly housewife has a section on menu planning under the "goodies "section

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chunkofbutter For This Useful Post: