Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Trick or Treating, How old is Too Old?

Let's face it, trick or treating is a blast! First you rush through the drama of figuring out what to be for Halloween, then you spend hours putting together the perfect costume, applying make-up, teasing your hair (or hiding it under a wig!), and then, you grab a sack or bucket and head out the door to canvas the neighborhood for delicious treats. But, the lingering question looms, At what age should you call it quits?

Read More: Article: Trick or Treating, How old is Too Old?
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I'd rather see kids trick or treat at a later age than out smashing pumpkins, toilet papering tree's, or egging houses. In our area, there aren't any Halloween parties for kids over 12, there isn't anything for them to do. I don't think Halloween fun should stop at 12!

Smart Budgeter
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think 12 is about the cut-off age for trick or treating, 16+ is the age for pranks (pumpkin squishing, toilet papering the shrubs, greasing doorknobs with vaseline, etc)
    oh, and when you hit 21, you can go trick or beer treating at your buddies house! Be prepared to play a trick most buds don't want to give up there beer.

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't mind kids trick or treating as teens as long as they aren't causing trouble. A few years back we had to put our pumpkins on the ROOF for safe keeping and someone STILL managed to smash them.

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Halloween is a beggars holiday I think the age of 10 is more than plenty

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

It all depends......12 for children without handicap's......if the child is handicap or have dissabilities - thats different.....my son is blind and when he was at the age of 15 the doctor said he had the mentality of a 10 year old, so I took him out trick or treating. I got alot of raised eyebrows as well. I later chose to throw halloween parties and have his friends and his sisters friends over.

Lynney

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have no problem handing out candy to anyone from 1 year of age up to 100 years of age. If your young enough at heart to dress up and enjoy Halloween your young enough at heart to go trick or treating. Its a holiday of fun for every age.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wow, just saw on the news this morning that this may no longer be a question that we as parents ask ourselves, apparently the Police in Some Neighborhoods are actually TICKETING teenagers that are "Caught" trick or treating!!

Some spooked cities ban teenage trick-or-treating - Today Halloween Guide - TODAYshow.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast