Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Ribbon Lactose Intolerance

HI!

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations on home remedies for Lactose Intolerance?? I am a pretty picky eater anyway so there aint much out there that I like.... Help?

Thanks

Lynn

Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lactose Intolerance

Do you mean remedies like the Lactaid pill that's taken before consuming a dairy product? Or recommendations like substitutions for dairy products?

A lot of people who are lactose intolerant can still handle yogurt, and goat's milk products are usually easier to digest than than cow's milk. There's also a small-scale dairy farm (cows) in my area, and many locals who are lactose intolerant can still drink this milk because it's still so pure. There's some process they don't put their milk through - I just don't remember what it was. My diagnosis was a milk allergy, so I have to stay away from all of it. I think I'm going to pick up some raw milk and see if that reacts any differently.
    "Cook like your life depends on it, because it does."

Frugal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Lactose Intolerance

Thank you!! I have tried the lactaid pills and they didnt help. Yogurt hurts, and I cant stand the taste of goats milk. I am trying to cut out all dairy - not doing a bad job, I still still sometimes and suffer the consiquences..... ; ( let me know how the pure milk think works for you please ; )

God Bless,

Lynney
    Tragedy, sadness, loneliness and despair taught me that life is really a beautiful thing; if it wasn't I wouldn't be able to recognize that anything was wrong - Lynn in Virginia