still digging' my way out

Default Mini Cheesecake Ingredients on sale thru 10/5

I made mini cheesecakes tonight using this recipe on Allrecipes. 2 of the main ingredients, 8 oz Philadelphia cream cheese and Nilla Wafers, are B1G1 at Food Lion this week. Use a $5 off 5 Kraft coupon for FREE cream cheese. Or a $1/2 blinkie would make the cheese .50.

Rather than 1 Nilla Wafer in the bottom of each muffin cup, I crushed the wafers in a food processor and formed a dough for a crust. 1 cup crushed wafers + 3 tbsp melted butter, stirred until incorporated. I smooshed a little bit of dough in the bottom of each muffin liner, then baked the crusts for 6 minutes on 325 before filling with the cream cheese mixture.

I also did a few as Reese Cheesecake bites. Planter's peanuts are B1G1 at Food Lion, so I put a few honey roasted peanuts into a food processor. I mixed this with the Nilla wafer mixture as the crust. After baking and cooling, the cheesecakes were topped with a small Reese cup piece.

I'm allergic to milk and wheat, so I didn't get to try these. Instead, I took them to a church dinner tonight, and they were gone! I was told they were delicious, but I really like that they were cheap. I often spend too much on items for church dinners.
    Last edited by Amalgamate; 10-03-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Added Reese cheesecake info
    "Cook like your life depends on it, because it does."