Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer V825- help?

I just got a food sealer vacuum sealer for free. I didn't get any bags or any directions with it. Does anyone have one of these? I have never used a food sealer before. My biggest question is where do you get the bags? Do you have to buy special bags for this or could it be some more generic

advice, bags, buy, don, food, free, generic, greatly, jus, long, money, question, run, save, save money, sealer, special, spend, tons, vacuum, appreciated, supposed, directions, v825-, biggest, foodsaver

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer V825- help?

I just got a food sealer vacuum sealer for free. I didn't get any bags or any directions with it. Does anyone have one of these? I have never used a food sealer before. My biggest question is where do you get the bags? Do you have to buy special bags for this or could it be some more generic bags. I don't want to spend tons, since this is supposed to help me save money in the long run.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer V825- help?

Here is a link to a manual of sorts:
    http://www.buymebuyme.com/retail/manuals/tilia825.pdf

You can buy the bags in most department stores (Wal-Mart, etc.), along with accessories. You have the choice of pint, quart, or gallon individual bags or continuous rolls. Your machine can hold continuous rolls and the above manual has instructions on how to do it.

Your machine has a trough surrounded by a rubber gasket. In front of that is a wire covered by what looks like a fiber tape. That is the sealing element. You place the bag with your food so that the opening is within that trough, close the lid and start the vacuum process. It will automatically stop when all the air is vacuumed out and seal the bag. It may take some practice before you get the routine.

Unfortunately this model has a history of not sealing completely, so you will have to watch how your unit functions. At least you got it for the right price.
    I used to eat a lot of natural foods until I learned that most people die of natural causes.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer V825- help?

The Foodsaver V 825 saves you money and keeps your food fresh 3 to 5 times longer as compared to the conventional methods. The Foodsaver V 825 offers their users a world of versatility. This machine helps you to lock in the freshness and prevent freezer burn in your food products with vacuum packaging by the Foodsaver V 825. The machine allows you to use the Foodsaver bags or your own cans and jars for vacuum packaging. The accessories available in the market for the Foodsaver V 825 include Foodsaver Canisters, Universal Lids and Jar Sealers. The Foodsaver V 825 offers you easy one-button press and hold operation and that makes it really easy to use, it offers hands-free vacuum and seal operation, the main unit includes easy-clean anti-bacterial drip tray and built-in roll holder and cutter. This machine also has built-in accessory hose storage and 2-level seal control. The accessory port allows you vacuum packaging through Foodsaver Canisters or with your own cans, jars and bottles...for more detail read this...