Egg Rolls- Left Over Layering

I turned leftover chicken breasts into a delicious chinease dinner for about 2$ 1 pkg egg roll wrappers.. (got them on sale for .99c 1 head green cabbage.. .69c A few carrots (already had) 1 clove garlic (who doesn't always have garlic) 1/2 an onion white rice ( a household staple)

chicken, cups, dinner, egg, fry, garlic, green, head, large, leftover, meat, med, minutes, onion, rice, roll, rolls, skillet, star, starts, breasts, carrots, cabbage, ground, wrappers, ginger, kind, heat, cook, freezer, serve, steamed, fill, wilt, fine, .69c, clove, .99c, sale, delicious, turned, chinease, super, cooked, looked, shred, grate, cabbabge,shed, chopped, white

Thread: Egg Rolls

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Egg Rolls

I turned leftover chicken breasts into a delicious chinease dinner for about 2$

1 pkg egg roll wrappers.. (got them on sale for .99c
    1 head green cabbage.. .69c
    A few carrots (already had)
    1 clove garlic (who doesn't always have garlic)
    1/2 an onion
    white rice ( a household staple)

OK I Chopped up 2 cooked chicken breasts (leftover) super fine so it looked ground. Shred 2 cups of cabbabge,shed the carrots, grate the garlic, chop the onion. Put it all in a large skillet on med heat for about 3 minutes. Add ground ginger to the pan. you want to cook it just til the cabbage starts to wilt. Fill the egg roll wrappers and fry. Serve with steamed rice.

2 chicken breasts fed all 5 of us for this dinner plus I put some egg rolls in the freezer for later...

This could be done with Any kind of leftover meat.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Egg Rolls

almost forgot. I also chopped up broccoli super fine... The kids never knew.... SHHH!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

This sounds so good gonna have to make these..I usually go to the Chinese place just to get egg rolls..This will save me a lot of money THANK YOU

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really liked that you sneaked in some broccoli. I've made egg rolls before and used coleslaw mix. Your's sounds very yummy!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

We just tried the corned beef egg rolls yesterday (the ones on the site here!) and they were SOOOOOOOO good! I never thought to chop up leftovers and put them in eggroll wrappers before.