Results 1 to 2 of 2
08-05-2010, 08:42 AM #1
Apple Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 6 Maple Flavored Sausage Patties, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 small cooking apple, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 cups cubed, firm-textured multigrain bread
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- In small bowl toss together apple, 1 tablespoon sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place half of the bread in 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Layer sausage, half of the apple mixture and half of the cheese. Repeat layers.
- In medium bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream. Whisk in 2 tablespoons sugar, vanilla and salt. Add milk, whisk until combined. Pour over mixture in baking dish. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 24 hours.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325 degrees F about 70 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean (170 degrees F.). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
10-11-2011, 11:03 AM #2
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
- Dundee, NY
Re: Apple Sausage Breakfast Casserole
This sounds really good. I can't wait to try it on my crew! Thanks!!!!