Default Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole

Here is a lovely delicious autumn breakfast idea that can be made ahead of time and reheats well.

* 10 slices white bread, cubed
    * 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
    * 2/3 cup white sugar
    * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 1/8 teaspoon salt
    * 6 eggs, beaten
    * 1 cup milk
    * 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
    * 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and place the bread cubes into the dish. In a bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, vanilla extract, salt, eggs, milk, evaporated milk, and pecans. Pour the pumpkin mixture over the bread cubes. Cover the dish with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)]Bake Uncovered at 350F [/COLOR]- until the pumpkin mixture is set and a toothpick inserted into the center of the casserole comes out clean, about 45 minutes.

Ground Level Lurker

Default Re: Pumpkin Breakfast Casserole

This sounds absolutely delicious! Does this taste like a more breaded version of pumpkin pie? I am a huge pumpkin pie fan, so anything that is remotely of the same taste I love to indulge in! Have you ever tried this recipe with whole wheat bread for a healthier option? I might have to try that!