Info Personal Information Removal Notice

Dear Budget101,
    My name is Jacob Grant with Copilla Advertising Services. My personal information is posted on your forums which include my personal phone number and home address. I am requesting the following:
    a. Immediate deletion of all personal information.
    b. Immediate deletion of the thread.

The following is the location of the information I am requesting removed:

If this information is not removed within 24 hours, then I will send a formal DMCA Notice to your webhost and advertisers.

Please note that I am not requesting you to "unblock" or "uncensor" any Copilla affiliated links. I am simply requesting the removal of the thread and all personal information listed in it, including the url to my company's website.

Thanks so much,
    Jacob Grant

East Coast
    Blog Entries

Info Re: Personal Information Removal Notice

Dear Mr. Grant,

I have read over the post in which you are claiming violates the DMCA. Please note that the information provided in the post is does NOT violate the DMCA- which is the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

We will immediately remove any content from our site that you hold copyright on,

In order for me to do this The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include the following

1. Identification of the location where the original or an authorized copy of the copyrighted work exists, for example the URL of the website where it is posted.

2. Identification of the URL or other specific location on this site where the material that you claim is infringing is located; you must include enough information to allow us to locate the material.

3. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.

4. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the original copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.

In no way has your site been "Copied" and it, to my knowledge, is NOT illegal to provide information about our experiences on your site.

Here is a link to the act, please let me know which part of the DMCA we are violating by leaving the post intact:

DMCA Government Link: U.S. Copyright Office - Online Service Providers
    DMCA Wiki Link: Digital Millennium Copyright Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As for your personal information, that information is widely available once you register a site and is also not illegal to distribute, although you may want to take that up with TUCOWS INC.

If you need the direct link to our webhost, please let me know and I will provide that information to you, as we are not in violation of the DMCA.

If, unbeknownst to our knowledge, we are violating any other law, please let us know immediately and we will address the issue as it is presented.

Thank you.
    Creator & Designer of
    Budget101 Forums

Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**