Breakfast Casserole with Eggs and Chicken Smoked Sausage

Breakfast Casserole with Eggs and Chicken Smoked Sausage 6 large eggs 1 1/2 cups milk 1 tsp chicken grill seasoning, Creole seasoning, or a seasoned salt mixture 3 slices bread, torn in small pieces 12 oz chicken smoked sausage, or whatever sausage is on sale;-) 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese

bake, baking, breakfast, casserole, chicken, cooking, creole, cups, dish, eggs, grill, large, minutes, mix, salt, sausage, small, smoked, spray, stick, seasoning, cheese, pieces, overnight, refrigerate, bread, milk, give, stand, room, temperature, browned, edges, serves, jail, lightly, firm, 350, sale-, cheddar, sharp, torn, mixture, grease, arrange, sliced, cover, whisk, seasoned, 2-quart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Breakfast Casserole with Eggs and Chicken Smoked Sausage

6 large eggs
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1 tsp chicken grill seasoning, Creole seasoning, or a seasoned salt mixture
    3 slices bread, torn in small pieces
    12 oz chicken smoked sausage, or whatever sausage is on sale

1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
    Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasoning. Arrange bread pieces in the baking dish. Top with the sliced sausage then cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight or let stand for 15 minutes and bake. If you refrigerate overnight, give the casserole about 20 to 30 minutes to come to room temperature before baking. Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes, until firm and lightly browned around the edges. Serves 4 to 6.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Breakfast Casserole with Eggs and Chicken Smoked Sausage

What a great place to use "2 Ingredient No-Knead Bread"! http://www.budget101.com/breakfast-i...ead-bread.html I love that its only 3 slices of bread too so it's relatively low-carb, high protein and looks really flexible to suit dietary needs. Great recipe!
    And then the day came, when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to Blossom. -Anais Nin

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks for the breakfast recipe. DH & I eat breakfast every morning & it is very hard to have something different. I can count on you! Has anybody ever had breakfast tostadas? They are delicious!

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyglitter View Post
    What a great place to use "2 Ingredient No-Knead Bread"! http://www.budget101.com/breakfast-i...ead-bread.html I love that its only 3 slices of bread too so it's relatively low-carb, high protein and looks really flexible to suit dietary needs. Great recipe!
    what an excellent idea! and you can play with different seasonings to give it a different taste altogether. if you use 'regular' smoked sausage (I try to load up when it's a twofer), try apple pie seasonings

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I love breakfast and am always trying to come up with something different. I also like to make casserole type breakfasts on Sunday and then I have breakfast and/or lunches for the next few days already prepared for those days when I have to get out early!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I like this kind of breakfast because it is full of nutrients. There are carbohydrates, proteins that we need every morning. Full pack meal for breakfast is really needed and breakfast is the most important meal of all so that for the whole day you have energy.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Great way to learn new breakfast recipe.Surely gonna try it by myself.Looking forward for another breakfast recipe from you soon.

Deal GURU
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by mos View Post
    6 large eggs
    1 1/2 cups milk
    1 tsp chicken grill seasoning, Creole seasoning, or a seasoned salt mixture
    3 slices bread, torn in small pieces
    12 oz chicken smoked sausage, or whatever sausage is on sale
    1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
    Grease a 2-quart baking dish or spray with nonstick cooking spray. Whisk together the eggs, milk, and seasoning. Arrange bread pieces in the baking dish. Top with the sliced sausage then cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight or let stand for 15 minutes and bake. If you refrigerate overnight, give the casserole about 20 to 30 minutes to come to room temperature before baking. Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes, until firm and lightly browned around the edges. Serves 4 to 6.
    This sounds VERY good...and it just happens I have a pkg of apple smoked chicken sausage in the freezer...oh yeah...sounds like a good combo!
    Thanks so much for sharing your great recipes!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast