Children's Lemon or White Cake Mix (10 pkgs)

Children's Lemon or White Cake Mix (10 pkgs)

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=968-Children-s-Lemon-or-White-Cake-Mix-(10-pkgs)

article, bake, budget, budget101, cake, children, content, cooking, issue, lemon, minutes, mix, page, pkgs, recipe, tent, url, view, white, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=968-children-s-lemon-or-white-cake-mix-10-pkgs, childrens

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Article: Children's Lemon or White Cake Mix (10 pkgs)

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made this recipe using a strawberry kool-aid. It has wonderful flavor. I have figured out that about 20 minutes is the correct baking time in my daughter's ultimate easy bake oven. My only issue is getting it to not stick to the pan. I am trying cooking spray and flouring it this time around. Hopefully that will work. Let me know if anyone has a different trick!

Unregistered

So do i just not use the kool aid if i want plain white cake? the consistency wont change by leaving it out?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink Re: Children's Lemon or White Cake Mix (10 pkgs)

Quote Originally Posted by lizza221 View Post
    I made this recipe using a strawberry kool-aid. It has wonderful flavor. I have figured out that about 20 minutes is the correct baking time in my daughter's ultimate easy bake oven. My only issue is getting it to not stick to the pan. I am trying cooking spray and flouring it this time around. Hopefully that will work. Let me know if anyone has a different trick!
    Instead use vegetable oil or olive oil to grease the pan use a napkin

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've used this recipe for years it is great for the desert section in frozen homemade "T.V." dinners. for the sticking issues in little ovens you can try using a circle of wax or parchment paper cut to fit the bottom of the pan. Use a little dab of oil or shortening to stick the paper down. when removed from oven cool for a few minutes then use the dull side of a table knife or plastic knife between cake and pan to loosen the edges and then tip the cake out. Peel off the paper for a nice smooth finish. This tip works beautifully with full size cakes as well. Easy way to make the measure for the pan place pan on the paper and use a toothpick to trace around the outside of the pan leaving a line on the wax paper then cut, for parchment put a paper towel under the paper to make a cushion under for tracing on this will give a crease in the paper. Enjoy!