Chocolate Cake Mix

Chocolate Cake Mix

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=969-Chocolate-Cake-Mix

add, article, budget, budget101, cake, careful, chocolate, content, cut, fine, great, milk, mix, page, solid, tent, url, view, works, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=969-chocolate-cake-mix

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hello my daughter just received an easy bake oven. I love this site! Regarding the shortening.. 1) is this crisco? and also do I mix this in with the dry ingredients or is it used to grease the pan?

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

The shortening is any solid shortening (crisco is fine!), and yes, it goes Into the cake mix.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, do you just sort of mash the shortening into the dry ingredients until it's fairly well blended? Or do you melt it and stir it in?

I'm so happy to have found your site because I'm getting my granddaughter an EasyBake for Christmas and want to make up a little "cookbook" for her.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

You cut in the shortening (a fork works great for this) until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Then add the milk last, careful not to overmix.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chocolate Cake Mix

Quote Originally Posted by bethanyblais View Post
    Hello my daughter just received an easy bake oven. I love this site! Regarding the shortening.. 1) is this crisco? and also do I mix this in with the dry ingredients or is it used to grease the pan?
    I'm new to this site but love it, quick ?, Can I use butter instead of shortening?

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Chocolate Cake Mix

Quote Originally Posted by shasta049 View Post
    I'm new to this site but love it, quick ?, Can I use butter instead of shortening?
    Yes, use equal amounts of butter. If the recipe calls for 2 T. shortening, use 2 T. butter instead. The only difference you will notice is that is spreads more (not a big deal in a cake) and that cakes made with butter have a tendency to "seep" in warmer weather. (Because the butter melts), whereas shortening doesn't.
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This will make great stocking stuffers for my granddaughters! Place in a cute container with the instructions.

How long do you need to bake it?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast