Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

how would i make the waffles out of this like i do the jiffy mix?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have just made a pan of this cornbread it is very good. I will be doing this again

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Copycat Jiffy Cornbread Mix

Quote Originally Posted by jmperez View Post
    how would i make the waffles out of this like i do the jiffy mix?
    Hi jmperez. I think you may have two different Jiffy Mixes confused. This mix recipe is for the Jiffy Cornbread Mix, NOT the Jiffy Baking Mix.

I had to read the name and recipe twice to make sure I didn't have them confused.

Btw, if you want a mix recipe to use to make waffles (like the Jiffy Baking Mix), try the Copycat/Clone for Bisquick HERE.

Did you know...The basic difference between a pancake and a waffle is the oil? Waffle mix has oil and the pancake mix does not. Because you use oil to make the waffle mix, the other wet ingredients (egg and milk) are adjusted.
    Happy budgeting!
    Willowwend

My favorite phrase is made of two 4-letter "F" words... FREE FOOD!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

First, let me tell you that I am NOT a cornbread fan. I will eat it sometimes, but not that often. I can't get past the gritty textures of most cornbread recipes. I use to tell my mom that if I wanted to eat sand, I'd go outside and get a spoonful (I grew up on the coast).

I used this mix for the first time last night to make cornbread muffins to go with our supper (Cheesy South of the Border Soup), and I was very pleased with the outcome. The muffins were light, full of flavor (not sugar and salt), and went well with our dinner. I didn't feel like I was chewing sand, either!

Now, I made 12 muffins (for Mom, my husband, & me) for dinner - there are only 2 left this morning! I'm not telling how many each of us ate on our own, but I will tell you that I ate more than one!

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Copycat Jiffy Cornbread Mix

Quote Originally Posted by willowwend View Post
    Hi jmperez. I think you may have two different Jiffy Mixes confused. This mix recipe is for the Jiffy Cornbread Mix, NOT the Jiffy Baking Mix.

I had to read the name and recipe twice to make sure I didn't have them confused.

Btw, if you want a mix recipe to use to make waffles (like the Jiffy Baking Mix), try the Copycat/Clone for Bisquick HERE.

Did you know...The basic difference between a pancake and a waffle is the oil? Waffle mix has oil and the pancake mix does not. Because you use oil to make the waffle mix, the other wet ingredients (egg and milk) are adjusted.

Both pancake and waffle recipes typically contain fat. The difference is pancakes have less fat than waffles and that's the big difference.