Make Your Own Coffee Creamer- vBCms Comments

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1497-Make-Your-Own-Coffee-Creamer

absolutely, article, budget, budget101, coffee, content, creamer, make, make your own, make your own coffee, make your own coffee creamer, milk, myo, page, prices, store, tent, url, view, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1497-make-your-own-coffee-creamer

+ Reply to Thread

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know about anyone else, but this does not save me any money since the sweetened condensed milk cost me 1.30 a can and I don't really buy flavored anymore. I can get it for that already made.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your best bet is to make your own Sweetened Condensed Milk, the prices in the store are absolutely ridiculous:

Budget101.com - - MYO Sweetened Condensed Milk

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ran out of creamer so I made it, and I have got to say it wasn't bad. I used 2 percent milk instead of skim and it came out ok. I found that it wasn't as creamy textured as store bought, but I might try it with 1/2 and 1/2 next time.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

..looks good..Aldi has sweetened condensed milk for less than .50 around here..

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recipes sound delicious! I will experiment with skim, 2%, and half and half, to see which has the best flavor. Living 45 miles from town, I can't just run to town when I run out!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just want a good recipe for whitechocolate and I always pick up my sweetened condesed at my local dented can store usualyy between 45-75 cents a can

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

pastelsummer- Try melting your white chocolate chips with one or two tbls of the milk from the recipe, then add a little cool milk and stir to temper it, then put the mixture in the blender. The only issue I think it may have is it may be super sweet because of the sweet chips and condensed milk. You can tweak the amount of chips until you get it to taste the way you like. I can get the condensed milk for a dollar at our Dollar General, it's store brand but it works.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

maybe it's the sweetened condensed milk I used (great value brand) or maybe it's just the taste of the milk in general, but I really didn't like it.. I mixed up a batch and used the vanilla nut flavoring from the store.. Today is the second day I've tried it in my tea, and it has a really funny taste to it. Maybe it's because I drink tea which isn't as strong as coffee.. but it's not very creamy, and it had a very odd taste that I just can't get past.. Any ideas?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Here in hawaii French vanilla creamer is so expensive. One small bottle is at least five to seven dollars. Yes I am saving a lot. Will never buy again when I can make myo for way less and plenty of it..yehhh

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Made a Mint Mocha Creamer, (used 2% instead of skim) and though it is a little strong in the mint department (I did use 2 teaspoons of Peppermint extract), I love that its not as sweet as the store bought creamer! Next time I will use less mint, but for now, I am so happy to not have to pay $5 for a weeks worth of creamer! Thank you so much for this recipe base!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I think I will try this this weekend. I will use the recipe I have for homemade sweetened condensed milk using splenda and some extract. I want to try and freeze it in Tablespoon servings so that it can be used to cool and flavor hot coffee.

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

So, I am out of creamer and thought, Oh, I'll just get the recipe from Budget101. Then, realized that I am also out of milk. LOL Not to be dismayed. I have powdered skim milk, so I'm going to try to whip up a batch of sweetened condensed milk and skim milk from the powder and see how it goes. I am actually hoping it decreases some of the sweetness a bit. Wish me Luck!

still digging' my way out
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Make Your Own Coffee Creamer

I'm quoting my own post because I just realized that I have some evaporated milk and decided to take the easy way and use that instead. LOL I just haven't been myself since last week and have been taking it easy.