Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know about anyone else, but this does not save me any money since the sweetened condensed milk cost me 1.30 a can and I don't really buy flavored anymore. I can get it for that already made.

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Your best bet is to make your own Sweetened Condensed Milk, the prices in the store are absolutely ridiculous:

Budget101.com - - MYO Sweetened Condensed Milk

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I ran out of creamer so I made it, and I have got to say it wasn't bad. I used 2 percent milk instead of skim and it came out ok. I found that it wasn't as creamy textured as store bought, but I might try it with 1/2 and 1/2 next time.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

..looks good..Aldi has sweetened condensed milk for less than .50 around here..

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

Recipes sound delicious! I will experiment with skim, 2%, and half and half, to see which has the best flavor. Living 45 miles from town, I can't just run to town when I run out!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just want a good recipe for whitechocolate and I always pick up my sweetened condesed at my local dented can store usualyy between 45-75 cents a can

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

pastelsummer- Try melting your white chocolate chips with one or two tbls of the milk from the recipe, then add a little cool milk and stir to temper it, then put the mixture in the blender. The only issue I think it may have is it may be super sweet because of the sweet chips and condensed milk. You can tweak the amount of chips until you get it to taste the way you like. I can get the condensed milk for a dollar at our Dollar General, it's store brand but it works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast