MYO Flour Tortillas

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1503-MYO-Tortillas

bacon, beans, beef, cheese, chicken, crab, eggs, green, grilled, list, paper, peppers, roast, sausage, scrambled, sheets, steak, strips, things, turkey, page, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1503-myo-tortillas, view, flour, tortillas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's a Budget?
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

What are you filling them with???

Creator & Designer of Budget101.com
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: MYO Tortillas

We fill them with tons of different things:

• grilled chicken strips w/ Green Peppers/Onions
    • refried beans, ground beef, green peppers/onions
    • refried beans, cheese, beef or ground turkey, caramelized onions
    • Steak strips, cheese
    • salsa, chicken, cheese
    • crab rangoon filling
    • enchilada fillings
    • scrambled eggs, bacon, cheese
    • scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese

Sometimes we freeze them empty between sheets of wax paper and fill them as we need them for lunches:

• Chicken salad
    • tuna salad
    • hummus
    • tuna & grape salad
    • ham & cheese
    • roast beef
    ~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

I made these today using half white and half whole wheat flour and the sun dried tomato variation. My first time making flour tortillas and is was so easy. The results look "store bought" at a tenth of the price. I'm filling mine with leftover steak, blue cheese crumbles, lettuce, tomato, and red onion. This with grapes on the side would be at least $8.00 at a restaurant. My cost is less than $1.00. Now I'm thinking of other variations: spinach, black olive, and roasted pepper come to mind. I know I'll have to decrease the water, but that's an easy fix.

Budget101 Guru
    Downloads
    Uploads

The sun-dried tomato tortilla made with half all-purpose flour and half white-whole wheat flour is amazing. I didn't need to roll it out, just kept patting it out. Fresh tasting and somehow tastes" rich". Can't wait to make more variations!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can make Mexican grilled cheese (quesadilla) adding any kind of cheese, meat or vegetable combo. i like the veggies cooked first.
    Quick take along breakfast spread with peanut butter, or nutella. An easy sweet tooth, put in oil and fry a little sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. you can fry them crispy and sprinkle with any seasoning desired to make a sort of homemade dorito, dip in salsa or guacamole.
    fresh tortillas seem to dry out quickly, a quick zap in the micro with a damp paper towel bring them back to life.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Liss,
    I don't know what I did wrong but my dough isn't stiff enough to knead or roll. It has the consistency of very thick pancake batter. Help!!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

This recipe is incorrect the water amounts are wrong, should be 1 1/2 cups maybe??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast