Hard Water Laundry Detergent

You can view the page at Budget101.com - - MYO Hard Water Laundry Detergent Recipe | Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes

article, budget, budget101, content, detergent, dry, hard, homemade, laundry, men, myo, page, recipe, recipes, soap, tent, url, view, water, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=2064-hard-water-laundry-detergent, budget101.com

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

I really prefer using the glycerin for the texture and softness but I wanted to mention that once you pour the soap into the jars you need to add a bit more water midway up or so of the jar, just to the rounded part of each jar. It makes the soap come out smoother and fills the jars better.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I used Zote and it ended much firmer than mayo, more stiff than crisco in the can. I like the smell of Zote better and am not a first time maker of homemade detergent. Anyway. My HE washer doesn't use much water, so took one of the jars and tried to dilute by another quart of hot water. Is a little seperated after really shaking it to mix. Wanted to have it mixed into laundry easier, not so thick. Am I going to have to re blend this! I could pour into a bucket and re blend and put back into my gallon vinegar jug? I mixed it with hot water! That way I could use 1/3 cup that was thinner . Will hopefully be sent a reply!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

The whipped formula did not mix well in my HE machine e. I will go back to the original formula. The detergent works well but extra borax is needed for the 'hubs' nasty socks sometimes.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I hope I do this right lol :0)

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

This on my to-do list. Where do most people find the Fels naptha bars and the washing soda? I have friends that like that recipe, lost mine in a computer crash.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is it safe to use my kitchen mixer or processor with this recipe and still use the same mixer to prepare food(after its washed of course)

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Hard Water Laundry Detergent

Quote Originally Posted by Bignail1954 View Post
    This on my to-do list. Where do most people find the Fels naptha bars and the washing soda? I have friends that like that recipe, lost mine in a computer crash.
    I found mine in the laundry aisle at Walmart. They're like 3 bucks a piece.