Article: MYO: Minute Rice

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1535-MYO-Minute-Rice

article, budget, budget101, content, cooker, dinner, instant, make, minute, minutes, myo, page, pot, rice, soup, tent, url, view, week, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1535-myo-minute-rice

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

At the beginning of the week I make a pot of rice with my rice cooker then freeze it in quart freezer bags. A couple minutes in the microwave and I have rice for stirfry, fried rice, soup or whatever during the week when i need an almost instant dinner.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I am going to cook some rice, and then place it in my dehydrator. I have been so curious on this so just need to try

firewomansd

Talking Re: Article: MYO: Minute Rice

Quote Originally Posted by dlneely View Post
    I am going to cook some rice, and then place it in my dehydrator. I have been so curious on this so just need to try
    We put our left over brown rice from the rice maker into the dehydrator, then store in a jar. Works very well!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

When you remove the rice from the dehydrator, how do you re-hydrate the rice? Am really curious about it. Thanks for your time!!!!!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I do this often. I either stick it in the fridge or freezer. When I need the rice I just microwave it in the sealed bag and it comes out tender and never sticky.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: MYO: Minute Rice

Quote Originally Posted by nana123 View Post
    When you remove the rice from the dehydrator, how do you re-hydrate the rice? Am really curious about it. Thanks for your time!!!!!
    Use equal parts rice and water... ie... 1 cup rice to 1 cup water. You can cook it on the stovetop or microwave till reconstituted.