Article: Liquid Laundry Detergent

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1706-Liquid-Laundry-Detergent

article, budget, budget101, content, detergent, dry, favorite, hat, laundry, liquid, mix, page, purex, recipe, recipes, tent, tips, url, view, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=1706-liquid-laundry-detergent

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

You can make you own lye soap if you want to. It cleans really well and cuts grease like you wouldn't believe! I have made some of the soap, but haven't tried to make the laundry soap yet. But I plan on it soon!

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I read some where that you can add purex crystals to the mixture does anyone know how much to use? I am excited to try this recipe. Please let me know.. Thanks

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Liquid Laundry Detergent

Quote Originally Posted by mdyradtke View Post
    I read some where that you can add purex crystals to the mixture does anyone know how much to use? I am excited to try this recipe. Please let me know.. Thanks

That recipe is here:

Budget101.com - - Liss Favorite Liquid Laundry Detergent Recipe | Homemade Laundry Detergent Recipes
    ~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I finally made my own laundry soap and I'm so excited about it! I've had a few issues with it to start with, but I think I've got it figured out. Unfortunately, we have not-so-dependable internet service in the rural area we recently relocated to. So, I did the best I could off of mushy memory. This led to my laundry soap not quite 'gelling' as I expected. Instead, the powder rose to the top and hardened. It broke up easily enough in the liquid underneath leaving large chuncks in the mix. I decided to scoop up as much of the broken up chunks out of the bucket as I could so I could melt them over low heat on my stove. Once I did that, I re-added that to my soap mixture and stirred it up really well. As of this morning, I saw the gel-like consistency I expected in the first place. Since I currently do not have dependable access to the internet at home, I wasn't able to really follow the steps necessary to make it right the first time. But, now that I have a brief moment at work, I'll jot them down so I'll have them for next time. Hopefully we'll get hooked up with a more dependable company soon!