Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

This worked really Really well for us, skunk funk is 100% sulphuric acid! We found out the hard way from our vet when our dog got second degree burns on her muzzle after being sprayed. Really gross and painful for her. This was posted just in time, thank you!

Smart Budgeter
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thank you so much for sharing this, our dog got sprayed yesterday and we gave this a try. It REALLY makes a difference! THank you thank you

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Will this work for black dogs? Will it change their fur color?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I have used something very similar to this recipe in the past (twice) on two different dogs, two different incidents. (yes, one was a black dog and it was absolutely fine).

Our recipe called for dish soap instead of dog shampoo, but otherwise the ingredients listed were the same.

Two things that we were told by our vet later that may help you out:

One- Use the freshest peroxide you can get your hands on. It breaks down over time to water, so it loses potency. Hubby made mad dash trips to the closest all night grocery for both of our situations. Not fun when you live no where near a city!

Two- add a douche. I know it sounds weird. But, the vet told us that each of the listed ingredients address a different element to the spray. And, adding this was the final piece to the puzzle. (plain old one. no fancy floral scented needed

I had my two incidents before I knew this last piece, and it worked mostly fine. A lingering odor when they got wet from time to time, but mostly because it was sprayed on their faces and I was overly cautious about getting it in their eyes, ears or mouth. When it happens again, and I am sure it will, I will add the 'feminine product' to my recipe. (my vet was embarrassed to say the words)

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Grapefruit juice works very well also

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I had to deal with this a few times. I bathed the dog with orange juice or grapefruit juice, rinse, bathe with tomato juice, rinse, then usual shampoo. You want to use the cheapest generic juices you can find. I had cans of them in the bottom cupboard that were to horrible to drink.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

Last week both my dogs where sprayed. I used this on them, before bathing them and there was no shunk smell left at all. THANKS so much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast