3 medium cloves garlic, minced
    1 lb ground beef
    2 tsp Cajun seasoning
    2 14.5 oz tomatoes, undrained, diced
    2 tbs tomato paste
    1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
    1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
    2 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
    Heat olive oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion, celery, green and red pepper, and garlic. Continue to sauté the vegetables, stirring frequently, until the chopped onion is tender. Add ground beef and continue cooking, stirring, until beef is browned. Add the Cajun seasoning, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir to blend well and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the cooked and drained macaroni and 2 cups of the shredded cheese, along with salt and pepper, as desired. Transfer to a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan. Cover with foil. At this point, the casserole may be refrigerated for a few hours or overnight. Bake the covered casserole in a 350° oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until hot and bubbly (if it is cold from the refrigerator, it may take longer). Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes longer.
    Serves 6 to 8.

still digging' my way out mimisbuddy1's Avatar
    North Carolina

Default Re: Beef and Macaroni Bake

may I print a recipe? and if so, how do I go about doing it?

East Coast
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Beef and Macaroni Bake

Quote Originally Posted by mimisbuddy1 View Post
    may I print a recipe? and if so, how do I go about doing it?
    You can print any thread you like. First, at the top of each thread is a list of user options, simply click on "thread" and then choose the print friendly link.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	printview.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	3767

The recipe/article/etc will show up on a formatted page. Please Note, although the page is pink and green the background colors should not print unless you have your browser SET to Print backgrounds.

You can check your browser settings by:

Clicking on File (top left hand corner of your browser), scroll down to Page Setup, Click on Page Setup, and click on the first tab which is Format & Options. Uncheck the Box to "Print Background Colors & Images".

This will save you a tremendous amount of ink when printing recipes, etc.
    Creator & Designer of
    Budget101 Forums

Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**