Snapple Iced Tea & Various Flavors

You can view the page at http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=636-Snapple-Iced-Tea-Various-Flavors

amp, apple, article, budget, budget101, content, flavor, flavors, funny, iced, lipton, page, recipe, salada, snapple, tea, tent, url, view, http://www.budget101.com/content.php?r=636-snapple-iced-tea-various-flavors

Budget101 Done Digging
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I tried this with 2 different kinds of tea, Salada -which is what I had on hand and also lipton. It's funny, but it really does make a difference which brand of tea you use for the recipe.

Kudos on a kick ass recipe that tastes fab.

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

we drink a lot of tea in our family, I am making some to go with our Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow for the younger ones who don't like it hot. Thanks for the recipe!

still digging' my way out
    Downloads
    Uploads

just had to say that I made this for thanksgiving and now as soon as it runs out I am asked to make more. I havent tried the flavors yet, but am going to experiment with peach tea when the tea bags go on sale.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

How long will this be good if I store in the fridge?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Article: Snapple Iced Tea & Various Flavors

Quote Originally Posted by Xenaxahid View Post
    How long will this be good if I store in the fridge?
    I wonder this too, I guess they don't expect it to last long enough to worry about storage.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Yay! Snapple minus the "beetle juice." ( Snapple uses Cochineal Extract as a red food coloring in their products).

The lemon juice should act as a preservative, plus the alcohol in the extract as well. I bet it would keep very well mixed if the sugar was omitted until ready to serve. I've made tea with boiling water, lemon and a little honey (in Snapple bottles, heh heh) and they re-sealed in fridge and kept up to 8 weeks actually.

An alternative would be that you could make up your favorite Flavor Syrup separately in larger amounts, and the tea the night before. Then mix together before drinking. If the syrup was boiled, then in this case the high concentrations of sugar would also act as a preservative. (I'd add the extract last after it cooled)

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wish you had a recipe for the Currant tea that Jason's Deli serves! It's to die for!