Default Article: make your own easy bake oven recipes

~Enjoy!~

FreebieQueen

Like Budget101 on Facebook!
    Join us on Twitter #Budget101

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

I just have a question about these mixes... e do not have an easy bake oven...yet. I wanted to use our toaster oven until we can get an easy bake oven. What temp would I set the toaster oven on?
    Thanks,
    Becky

Deal Goddess
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Easy Bake Oven Mix Recipes

according to the cookbook, once the Easy-Bake is preheated, it reaches a temperature of about 375 degrees. Who would have thunk?

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Homemade Easy Bake Oven Mix Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by FreebieQueen View Post
    according to the cookbook, once the Easy-Bake is preheated, it reaches a temperature of about 375 degrees. Who would have thunk?
    Thank you =) My kids cannot wait to dig in... I found a bunch of those little pans to make little cakes and such on ebay pretty cheap. Oh they are so excited, I know what we will be doing on this nasty cold rainy day =)

Unregistered

Hi! I just bought an Easy Bake Real Meal Oven for my cousin for Christmas. I bought it off Craig's List yesterday but did not know it was a special Easy Bake Oven until we brought it home and could research it. I had an Easy Bake Oven as a kid myself (with the lightbulb in the 90's) but this one is different. I know they have the new Ultimate Easy Bake Oven and the Retro Style but I am trying to figure out if you can use these same recipes in all the "Easy Bakes". Will these recipes still work in the Real Meal style? I have seen that they all get to about the same temperature but Easy Bake's website said their packets will only work with the oven it is associated with. Do you know if I can use the packets for the Ultimate or Regular Oven in my Real Meal Oven? Do your recipes work for all Easy Bake Ovens?

I don't remember it being this complicated as a kid? This was on her Christmas list but her dad couldn't get it for her so we were trying to help out with the list. She just turned 8 and I couldn't let her be disapointed! I have an oven and accessories.... can we use your recipes to make the packets for her???

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

My daughter has 3 easy bake ovens: the green 1 my sisters and I had when we were young (and it still works), a newer easy bake, and the real meal oven. We found that the mixes are interchangeable, they will work in any of the ovens. I found that the Jiffy Mix line of mixes work just as well and are a lot more economical. Also, you can go to jiffymix.com and they will send you a free cookbook that does have a kid-friendly section in it.