~Liss~
    Creator & Designer of
    www.Budget101.com
    www.GroceryBudget101.com
    Budget101 Forums
    KitchenMixGifts.Budget101.com

*Newbies*
    Forum How To Guide

**The happiest people are not those with the best or the most of everything, The happiest people know how to make the best of everything they have.**

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wanted to start some squash plants indoors as container plants, so we used a tupperware container to make "medium size" pots.

I think for christmas gifts this year we'll make some of these pots and plant tomatoes and basil.

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

Look out spring, I'm gona have some early produce next year! I never can get enough starter pots. This will be perfect, now I have something to do with all those newspapers thats left over after couponing!!! Thanks for posting it!!!

Budget101 Guru
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads

I was wondering if anyone had a problem with a white fungus growing on their pots were the flour past was? I tried this and I'm wondering if my flour caused the fungus to grow. Has anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it?

Smart Budgeter
    small city California. displaced country girl.
    Downloads
    Uploads

I've seen this before, but lost it. Thanks - next year I plan on starting from seed and don't want to buy little pots.

Thanks! glad I found it here.

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

My husband and I also hang 4 foot long inexpensive shop lights w/ the florecent bulbs changed out for florecent grow lights. We use small chains so that we can adjust it as the plants grow to hang over the seeds. You can get it at a hardware store or garage sale. We started small with just one light to begin with. The bulbs are expensive but some times they go on sale. Also keep you eye out at police/sheriff auctions/sales. They often have this kind of equipment confiscated from grow operations.

Ground Level Lurker
    Downloads
    Uploads

I wonder if this can be done with toilet paper rolls...
    Lovin' your website by the way! Greetings from The Netherlands!

What's a Budget?
    Downloads
    Uploads

What a great idea! - I have been reading about 4 season harvest and can't wait to get started. Here in Northern CA we may or may not be done with frost right now. I have also been working on reducing our waste by recycling, composting, feeding leftovers to chickens (I just LOVE my 3 chickens who should start laying in a few weeks), buying in bulk to reduce packaging and keeping prepackaged foods to a minimum. Besides, it's healthier that way. Now, I don't have to purchase anything to start my seeds in. I'm going to use these, and some cut down boxes so I don't spend any extra money or create any extra waste. Then there will be even less waste when I just go to the garden for salad instead of the store! Woo hoo!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast